Monday, March 29, 2010

A tribute to Gaia







Gaia was an incredible community website. First, it connected me with one of my most wise and sagacious friends, Kourosh Kashimi, a talented healer. The Gaia question of the day always made me reflect inward and ponder a particle of the infinite wisdom, and I enjoyed reading other community member's responses. I enjoyed browsing the top interests of the members, which were aligned with most of my own interests: animals art books cooking dancing drawing family friends gardening growing hiking laughing learning love loving meditation movies music nature painting philosophy photography poetry reading singing spirituality swimming travel traveling writing yoga. There were interesting discussions going on all the time, groups forming on various metaphysical topics, linking resources and sharing ideas. A wealth of information for the conscious and aware. The site was a great resource for books and quotes...the list of members' favorite books was a great compilation of some of the best metaphysical and self-help books. Also, there was an extensive archive of amazing quotes from these books posted by Gaia members. A truly enlightening website, which also sent weekly/monthly emails providing quotes and information on specific healers or enlightened beings, programs, offers, which I always enjoyed learning about. I only wish I had made use more of this site while it was still there. A heartfelt farewell, gaia. So it goes.

1 comment:

Guy said...

Did you know that Spectrum of Consciousness was written by my boy Ken Wilber? Pretty cool!